Bonsai Museum & Bonsai Experience
The Omiya Bonsai Art Museum is a must place for Bonsai /Japanese Garden lovers. At Bonsai village Bonsai classes are held for the beginner(reservation needed). Opened in 2010 as the first bonsai museum, Omiya Bonsai Museum consists of Collection Gallery, Bonsai Garden and Bonsai Terrace on 2F. At Collection gallery Bonsai culture is introduced through monthly displays of bonsai pot, stone, and seasonal Bonsai. Collection gallery leads to Bonsai garden displaying 60 seasonal Bonsai outside. Some can be viewed from all angles and photographed. After the museum we walk around the very calm Bonsai village spotted with houses having pretty garden where pine trees and other flower trees are neatly well kept. Among them there are 5 Bonsai gardens where Bonsai are created by each owner, displayed inside and sold, the staff will explain about how to take care Bonsai.
What’s Not Included
- Transportation fee
- Bonsai Museum admission : 300 yen for adult
- Bonsai class for the beginner: 5000yen or more; seedling : 500yen or more ; pot : 1000 yen or more
Departure & Return
The tour guide will meet the guest at Hotel lounge, or at JR Toro st.
What to Expect
Stop At: Omiya Bonsai Art Museum
Located around 15 minutes from Toro sta., Omiya Bonsai Museum consists of Collection Gallery, Bonsai Garden and Bonsai Terrace on 2F. At Collection Gallery Bonsai culture is introduced through monthly displays of bonsai pot, stone, picture and representative Bonsai. Bonsai Garden displays around 60 seasonal Bonsai outside. From 2nd floor’s terrace you can take a picture of full view of Bonsai garden.
Admission fee :
300yen (adult) ; 150yen (high school, University students and 65yrs over)
Stop At: Omiya Bonsai Village
The area around Bonsai museum is very calm residential area called Bonsai village. Fun to see pretty garden of each house where pine trees and other flower trees are neatly well kept. There are 5 Bonsai gardens where Bonsai are created by each owner, displayed inside and sold. If you find a favorite one among them, the staff will teach you how to take care.
Bonsai classes are periodically held for the beginner at some gardens (reservation needed).
note: Photography and Touching Bonsai are not allowed.
Stop At: Seiko-en Bonsai Garden
Founded in Edo era, Seiko-en Garden cultivates traditional and new style Bonsai. Bonsai class is held for the beginner (reservation needed)
tuition : 5000yen or more (For English speaker extra fee needed)
seedling : 500yen or more;
pot : 1000 yen or more
duration : 1 to 1.5 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.