The tour starts with morning stroll along the quiet Sensoji seeing beautiful shutters painted by artists. Head to Ameyoko street lined with the shops and food stands where the local people buy and eat. Then visit Ueno park, a historical large park where used to be the compound of Tokugawa family’s temple. The last destination is Yanaka where the last shogun’s tomb is located and old houses and small temples remain. At nostalgic Yanaka Ginza and Nippori Fabric town Enjoy drinking, eating and shopping souvenirs and fabrics as locals do.
What’s NOT Included
Departure & Return
Traveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Stop At: Asakusa
Stop At: Ameyoko Shopping Street
Stop At: Ueno Park
Ueno Koen is a large park known as forest of museum and the oldest Ueno zoo.Many local people and tourists gather and enjoy cherry blossom viewing on the lawn in the park early in spring.
Stop At: Tennoji Temple
Stop At: Yanaka
Yanaka is one of the few areas that survived Great Earthquake and big fires where old houses, many small temples remain. At Yanaka cemetery, the guide talk about how the Japanese people visit the tomb of their ancestor and Japanese religion.
Stop At: Yanaka Ginza Shopping Street
Yanaka Ginza shopping street lined with about 70 daily shops selling liquors, ice cream, cutlets and croquettes, fish and meal, fruits and vegetables, souvenir. You can stroll along the street while eating or sit on the bench to drink a beer in front of liquor shop. Enjoy the atmosphere of downtown.
Stop At: Nippori Fabric Town
Nippori Fabric Town is another shopping paradise selling every type of fabric from traditional silk to modern printed cotton(closed on Sundays, National holidays).
Duration: 1 hour Admission Ticket Free
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 3 days in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.Learn more about cancellations.