Once located outside Edo castle’s mote, Kagurazaka area has historic landscape garden and still remains atmosphere as entertainment district with Geisha and Maiko houses.
The tour starts with strolling along in Koishikawa Korakuen garden where you can enjoy changing landscapes of ocean, river, mountain and countryside in center of Tokyo.
Koishikawa Korakuen is special garden in that it imitates famous Japanese/Chinese landscapes. Seasonal trees and flowers surrounding garden’s pond are remarkable.
Next visit Kagurazaka area where used to be an entertainment district remaining sophisticated atmosphere.
The guide will lead you to backstreet, another hidden Kagurazaka.
Lastly visit modern shine and complex facility uniquely designed by Kengo Kuma, famous architect whio designed Japan National stadium.
Private Tour by National Licensed Tour Guide
What’s NOT Included
Guides and languages
Departure & Return
Departure Point & Time
Korakuen Sta., 1-chōme-2-3 Kasuga, Bunkyo City, Tokyo 112-0003, Japan
Traveler pickup is offered : the guide will meet you at Hotel’s lobby.
Start at 9:00
Return Poing & Time
Kagurazaka Sta., Yaraicho, Shinjuku City, Tokyo 162-0805, Japan
Return at around 1:00pm
What To Expect
Stop At: Koishikawa Korakuen Garden
The tour starts with strolling in Koishikawa Korakuen landscape garden where used to be one of the major Daimyo feudal lord’s gardens. The garden mimics famous Japanese and Chinese landscapes, and consists of four landscapes of ocean, river, mountain and countryside. The tour guide will talk about the history and unique aspects of the garden.
Duration: 1.5 hours
Admission Ticket Not Included
Stop At: Kagurazaka
Next the tour visits Kagurazaka area where used to be an entertainment district remaining sophisticated atmosphere and now unique plant art and handcraft shops are lined.
Duration: 1.5 hour
Admission Ticket Free
Stop At: Akagi Shrine
Stop At: Akomeya Tokyo at La Kagu
This experience is eligible for hotel pickup. Once your purchase is complete, you’ll be able to coordinate pickup details directly with your operator.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 3 days in advance of the start date of the experience.
This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund. Learn more about cancellations.
What you can expect during your visit
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival